I just purchased two of these babies. Well, I purchased one 1TB version and this Toshiba Canvio Premium 3TB Portable Hard Drive. The 1TB hard drive, I will use for Windows backup and the 3TB will be for digital storage. I make the videos for my schools, Kindergarten events and video takes up a lot of space after a few years. It’s hard to believe that this portable hard drive is less than $100 at Amazon.
It’s a portable hard drive but I won’t be taking it with me. It will sit behind my PC but it looks much cooler than current Buffalo external hard drive. It also means that I can do away with one wire as this is powered by USB. It is also USB 3.0 so I will be able to enjoy the higher transfer speeds. My old hard drive has been showing signs of failing so I hope this gets to my house before it does. On top of that, it includes a USB Type-C adapter to work with next-generation computers. I hope my PC lasts another few years but who knows?
Canvio® Premium Features
- Meticulously crafted, diamond-cut metal finish
Store & Backup
- Smart backup & restore to easily back up your photos, music, videos, and files via a simple graphical user interface.
- Schedule your backup to run automatically.
USB Type-C™ Ready
- Includes USB Type-C™ adapter to work with next-generation computers
- Works with standard USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 computers
- USB powered, no external power needed
Peace of Mind
- Password protection feature to prevent unauthorized drive access
- Backed by Toshiba’s 3-year limited warranty3
Capacities2: 1TB, 2TB, 3TB
Interface: USB 3.0 (backwards compatible with USB 2.0)
Interface Transfer Rate4:
Up to 5 Gb/s (USB 3.0)
Up to 480 Mb/s (USB 2.0)
1TB/2TB: mm: 78(W) x 109(L) x 13.5(H) inch: 3.1(W) x 4.3(L) x 0.53(H)
3TB: mm: 78(W) x 109(L) x 19(H) inch: 3.1(W) x 4.3(L) x 0.75(H)
Weight: 1TB/2TB: 160 g, 5.6 oz, 3TB: 225 g, 7.9 oz
Formatted NTFS for Microsoft® Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows® 7
Requires reformatting for Mac OS v10.12 /OS X v10.11 / v10.10
Available USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 Port